Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Wrong Salvation Message???

The morning of 9/11 after the planes hit the twin towers there were some who directed people to head up to the roof so they would be away from the fires and be rescued. As we all know there were no roof rescues. The towers collapsed and anyone who didn't run down the stairs and out of the buildings perished.

Those who directed people to the roof tops thought they were doing the right thing. The people being directed were very thankful that they were going to be saved. Those helping thought they were keeping people from death. They were wrong.

Today's church message of Salvation is achieving the same results. The truth of the Bible is that Salvation comes by repenting of past sin, turning away from sin, trusting in Yahweh/Yahshua and keeping His Commandments. Trust and Obey. That is the message throughout the Bible, in the Old Testament and the New. How many Christians proclaim that message today?

The message today is come to the alter and accept Jesus into your heart. You have now been made new and are a member of the Kingdom. Period. End of story. That is so un-Biblical!!

It comes down to the question of what exactly is sin? The Bible tells us the answer. Sin is breaking the law. What law? Yahweh's Law. The Law set down in the beginning. The Ten Commandments are the foundation of the Law. Then there are the society laws, the dietary laws and so forth. Without these laws there is no sin.

Most Christians today say that we are not under the Law and don't have to keep the Law anymore. That statement makes me want to just shout out loud, ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! Do you even read the words of our Savior???

Matthew 5:17-19 (NASB)

17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Everything in the writings of the prophets have not been accomplished. He has not returned to accomplish the judgment upon this world.

I would like to know how Christians can justify that in the Sermon on the Mount Yahshua/Jesus is telling Christians how to live and in that Sermon tells them to keep the Law and yet they (Christians) say that just a year or so later when He is crucified that act abolished the law. Why would He even bother to talk about it, especially in such great detail as to say that he who annuls even the least of them and teaches others to do the same will be the least in the Kingdom. If what He was saying was only good while He was here on earth, what was the point???

For all of you out there doing the latest, greatest marketing plan from your church like "2 word story" are you telling the rest of the story? Salvation is not Salvation unless you teach repentance, turning away from sinning against the Law, trusting in Yahweh/Yahshua and keeping the Commandments. Any other Salvation message than that is a dead end message.

And for those of you who think that keeping the Law is a burden I have to say that you don't really know what you're talking about. Yahweh's Law is liberty. True freedom! It's health, protection and His prosperity. It's wisdom and knowledge. And it's eternal life with Him.

If you would like to learn more about the Law and how wonderful it is there is a good book on the subject. The Divine Law by Rand. I challenge any Christian to read it and still say they don't want to keep the Law. Our world would be a much different place today if we lived under Yahweh's law instead of man's law.

For those of you who are adamant about spreading the message of Salvation. Please re-think the message you're giving. If you are giving them a false sense of eternal security and they are going to end up in death anyway what is the point?

1 comment:

jan said...

Kathe, Hi. While in the Baptist church many years ago they gave classes on how to get people saved by going door to door. I never could get with that. Later I learned why. No one comes to the Father unless they are first called so how is that if you go door to door, and even if you talk someone into salvation at the door you do them a great disservice because even though you tell them to attend a neighborhood church they think "well, I'm saved I don't have to because once saved always saved". The person witnessing to them very rarely mentors the person. I brought this up to my son-in-law the Pastor and he got mad and hasn't spoken to me 9 years unless he has to. If once saved always saved was right then what does Heb.6:4-6 " For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit and have tasted the good word of Elohim and the powers of the world to come, IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY TO RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of Elohim afresh, and put him to an open shame:. And what about Phil.2:12b "....work out your own salvation in fear and trembling". I used to ask the Pastors what these meant if once saved always saved and they couldn't answer me, they would refer to something else to deflect me. Then there's the whole rapture thing where they have the Messiah coming 3 times. My x husband was at the time an A+ student at a Baptist Bible College and even though I would say it meant He would come 3 times he still stuck to what he was taught. I think that is part of the problem, it was with me, I believed them because they went to school for it instead of listening to the Holy Spirit. I has been hard to unlearn what someone else told me and sometimes I have verred off in odd directions but He is faithful and would pull me out and put me on track again. I has been a real trip-I have learned to listen to other people-even when I think they are wrong-and check out what they say to see if they are right and I may be wrong because I know I don't know everything.