Sunday, June 6, 2010

What If We Are At The End?

I get a lot of emails from those who believe we are in the last days. Some are pre-trib who think that we are very close to being raptured out and the beginning of the 7 year tribulation. Some who believe there is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture and tribulation but still believe we are pretty much at the end. Then there are those who aren't even thinking theologically but know that things are going downhill at a very rapid rate and they don't see how anything is going to turn things around.

My husband and I talk about the things we see going on in the world on a daily basis. I told him recently that there is so much coming at us so fast that you can hardly take it all in. You just want to stop up your ears and yell ENOUGH ALREADY! It's like that old game at the arcade with the gophers and the club. Every time you hit one gopher with a club another one pops up in a different spot. Problem with our world is that we have a whole lot of gophers popping up all at the same time and no one has any clubs at all.

On Friday the stock market tanked over 300 points due to the unemployment numbers. Our economy, while our government keeps telling us things are getting better, is not if you talk to the average person on the street. Everyone knows someone or many someones that don't have a job. People are filing bankruptcy at staggering numbers and foreclosures are still happening.

Then you have the world scene. Just this past week and weekend you have, once again, Israel and Iran in the news. I just heard that Iran is offering their military for any ships trying to break the Gaza blockade. I turned to my husband and said well if that isn't a declaration of war against the Israeli's I don't know what it could be. The middle east is preparing for war.

For the first time in my life I am unsure of how our government stands with regards to Israel. We have always been her staunchest supporter and the land where her people, the Jews, have found rest from their persecution. That is not the case anymore. Protests are happening around this country against the Israeli's and the blockade. When we don't stand strong for Israel then there is no reason for YHWH's hand of protection to be on our country any longer.

The number of natural and not-so-natural disasters that have come upon this country in the last 10 years is quite alarming. Tornado's, floods, hurricane's, number of earthquakes and more. If we don't stand strong with Israel in both our actions and our words then I expect we'll see more of these things as well as an increase in intensity.

So what if we are at the end? The time of the end as Daniel the prophet speaks? What if we are so close that unless an accident befalls us, we will be alive to see the coming of the Messiah? Something to think about.

If we truly are in the time of the end how does that change what you are doing with your time? Does it change your priorities?

I know for me I'm afraid. Not of what is to come because I trust YHWH. Afraid for the people who don't know Him and don't have relationship with Him. I don't want any to perish. He doesn't either. He wants relationship with everyone.

I remember the story of Messiah Yahshua leaving the ninety-nine sheep to go after the one lost. That tells me that He doesn't want anyone to be lost. That is not His choice though. It is up to each of us to make the decision whether we are going to follow Him or follow our own self-interest.

I pray that each person reading this will make the decision to follow, trust and obey YHWH. Doing that will guarantee your destination no matter what happens in the coming weeks and months.


No comments: