Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do you REALLY believe the bible?

I mean REALLY believe it? This thought has been on my mind for the past few weeks as I watch Christians that I know and Christians in the news make some really dumb decisions. I have to wonder, do they really believe the bible.

I do. I really do. I believe every single word is there because God wants it there. Yes there are different translations and versions and everyone and their brother has their favorite and will debate to death which is the right one. I don't want to hijack my own blog and turn this into a debate on which one is the right one. My point is, I believe God is in control. Period. And the Holy Spirit lives inside of me so when I pick up a bible, no matter what version or translation it might be, the Holy Spirit is going to teach me what God wants me to know.

So I believe God. I believe that what He says, He means. That when He says He is going to do something, that it will be done. It might not be in the time frame that I think it should be, but it will be done. And when you read God's word, the bible, there is some pretty nasty stuff coming our way at some point in the future. Many people say we are on the cusp of it right now.

So my question is, if you REALLY believe the bible, meaning you REALLY believe God, would you live your life the way you are living it right now? Would these Christians we watch on TV with their big fancy homes, cars and airplanes really live like that if they REALLY believed the bible? In my humble opinion, no. Not a chance. Not for one second.

If I truly believed that Jesus, the Lord and Savior of this world, was coming back one day soon to judge the living and the dead I would live my life according to His standards, not the standards of this world. Remember who is in charge of this world right now - the evil one - satan. What I see is most people, and that includes a lot of Christians, living by the standards of the enemy rather than the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is serious folks. Really serious. This is not a joke. One day each of us will have our time standing in front of the Lord who created the universe and everything in it. I mean, just think about it. He created everything you see. He made everything work just right, perfectly to sustain your life. And it will be just you standing there with Him. The two of you. No lawyers, no pastors, no authors, no "experts". Nobody but you and Christ. WOW! The God, the One! And decisions will be made which will affect your entire eternity. (That is a long, long time)!

The thing is, He is only going to make known the decision that you are making today. How are you living your day? Your week? Your month? Who are you spending your time with? How are you spending it? What do you spend your money on? How much time do you spend building your relationship with Christ? Is it a priority or do you never really get around to it? Do you go to church on Sunday and do all the right things in the eyes of the people around you? Is there a personal relationship between you and Christ? How many times a day do you talk to Him? Think about Him? What type of decisons do you make in your business? How much are you compromising your faith in order to make more money, have the friends you have, live in the right neighborhood, etc? Maybe you don't make a big deal about your relationship with Christ because you don't want people to think you are weird or "one of those crazy Christians". Maybe you don't want to offend anyone. (This offend thing is another post for another day).

Do you get up every morning and give your day to God? Will His will be done "no matter what" in your life and your day? Is it more important to impress your friends and co-workers or impress Christ? Where does your money go? New stuff and the latest gadget or a food pantry, orphanage and soup kitchen?

I'm not here to judge you. That's not my job. Someday we will all stand in the same spot with the same judge and He is not like the judges on this earth. He is perfect and He will judge perfectly. Will you be judged worthy to live in His kingdom or be sent to a living hell for eternity, burning up in the Lake of Fire in agony for all time? And if you get a decision that you don't want there is no appeal. None.

If you are blessed and judged worthy to live in the Kingdom, will you be one of those who fruit on earth brings you many blessings in the Kingdom or will you be left wishing you had done more for Him while on earth? Your deeds will be put upon the fire to see if they burn up or not. You will be blessed by any that do not burn up. You will spend eternity being compensated fairly for the way you live your life TODAY. Every day makes a difference.

Maybe you don't believe in all of this stuff. That is your choice, your decision. God gave us all free will to believe in Him or not. He would like you to believe in Him but He is not going to force you. And that fact will be made known to you during that time you have alone with Him. This is your decision. It will be made whether you believe it will or not. I'm not going to try to convince you. I would tell you that maybe, just maybe, you should spend some time asking God if He is real. You will be surprised at what you find out.

Sooooo.......Where does Christ fit on your "TO DO" list today?

Praying that you serve God well today and every day for the rest of your life.

Kathe

No comments: